4.18.2008

Hooray for Spring!

Last Saturday, Dave & I headed out to Antelope Island with
our friends Jay & Stephanie. We went on a little hike & had a picnic.
It was a gorgeous day!!!


Stephanie & Jay

Last year, Dave & I took a camping class through the U
where we went & spent two nights on Antelope Island...in FEBRUARY!
Those were hands down, the worst nights of my life.
I swore that I was never going back there, but luckily this
trip turned out much nicer!

Just looking at this picture makes me cold!
Don't let those smiles fool you...we were freezing & miserable!!!
[ & slightly out of focus if you make the picture bigger :) ]

....................................

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME!

Another thing I love about spring/summer is playing outside!
Dave & I joined a co-ed softball team,
& we had our first game last Monday.
We slaughtered them 15-1...maybe we got a little carried away :)

I was SO worried that I'd strike out, but I ended up getting
a hit each time I was up to bat. Yay!
Go Slugger!

Afterwards, we headed to 'Shivers' in Salt Lake for some grub.
Kevin (yes, that is my brother) & Dave Lawrence had
a wonderful time playing in the Candy Land Express!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay for spring, I couldn't agree more! Way to go on the softball team! You guys are so fun and adventurous.

Kellie said...

jajaja...haha, jk. I love the pics. Was it windy at antelope island? It looks like it was nice. And I love that you joined a softball team. Fun!...well for you, i hate softball. haha.

Robyn said...

Dang, who knew you were such a sports pro? Way to go! And I love the pic of Kev in the Candy Land Express . . . good times!

Anonymous said...

Kath you are so dang funny! I wish I could've had a video to see that February adventure!

Putnams +Two said...

Hey Kath poo, I like the new pics. Tyler and I had a lot of fun hanging out with you guys last weekend! We need to play more before you move.

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

Luckily you and Kevin share the same gene pool....

P Sparty Levan said...

I wet my pants just a little bit in the candy land express when you were taking that picture!

Jessica said...

Love the pics!

Shivers is by the Moons' house (Jared's sister works there), and we recently took the kids inside for the first time. I was explaining some of the decor to the girls and they started yelling, "Mom took us to the *REAL* Candy Land!" The locals in the booths couldn't figure out if they were serious. Oh, yes. Totally serious. Who needs Disneyland?

Anonymous said...

That looks like a good time. You'll have to let us know when one of your games are...so we can come and see you play!