We found out about a great apartment in Bountiful through
some friends. We were the first to apply for the available
apartment & our friends, as current tenants, gave a good
recommendation to the landlord for us. When we submitted
our application, the receptionist mentioned that they weren't
particularly fond of babies. WHAT?! You're renting out
2-bedroom apartments in Bountiful, UT and you don't like
tenants with babies? What's wrong with this picture?
Bountiful/Davis County is probably 2nd only to the Provo/Orem
area for being the most family-oriented in Utah.
~
So, we weren't too hopeful, but we really liked the apt!
I called a few days ago to follow up & she said they were
still leaving it open for more applicants. Okay, so you're so
anti-baby that you'll wait for days on end for somone,
anyone, without a baby to apply? Give me a break!
~
I got the call today that they had rented it to someone else.
Big Suprise! Then the kicker, she asks if I would like them to
hold on to our application to consider when another apartment
becomes available. I told her, "Well, we still have our baby,
and I'm sure that's why we didn't get the apartment, so I see
no point in you holding on to our application." and hung up.
~
SHAME ON YOU COLLIER MANAGMENT! BABY HATERS!
ya, that's right, I'm gonna put their name on here because I'm really mad!
I have also drafted a strongly-worded letter which
I will be mailing them later this afternoon.
17 comments:
There has got to be something illegal about that. Good luck with the apartment search.
major bummer. so ridiculous.
That's RIDICULOUS!!! I would be pretty upset as well.
I swear that's discrimination! What about the fair housing act or whatever? You should check into it. Get 'em!
I'm sorry! But good for you for saying it how it really is to their faces and in writing. I can't believe that really happened. So...did you guys rent out your apt. up here? Good luck Anita. Good for her.
In response to your comment on my comment: Yay!
I can't believe that it is ok to do that. HOW DUMB!!!
Kath,
That is discrimination. I seriously would file a complaint that's illegal unless they are listed as senior housing. They shouldn't get away with that. Let me know if you need my help. I know just who to call.
Love you guys!
Are you kidding me??? That is rediculous! Besides have they seen your baby????
what the heck! that's all i have to say!
YES! Good for you! I am a huge proponent of strangly worded letters.
P.S. I'm not a baby hater, you can come live with me . . .
Ha ha, you're too funny! That is really weird they don't like tenants with babies! Come on...we're in Utah people! :)
You're little guy is so cute! I love the name Cole!
Take care! Miss them bakery days! :)
I can not believe that! that is so dumb! Wow...well if you still haven't found a place we have two available for rent right now, both 2 bedrooms, in Farmington. We'd LOVE to have you and your baby!!!
GO Kath! Put that anger to a law suit and pay for law school- that's what I say about that! ps..sorry about not getting the apparment, you can come and live with me.
Don't mess with Boss Tweed
YOU GO GIRL!!! Who in the heck doesn't like babies? Especially your stinking cute baby? Someone is NUTS!
WHAT??? that is retarded.
you send that letter!
I'll sign it with ya,
we'll all sign it, YUCK
those people are POOPS.
good news is that you can still move into the village! haha
we have high hopes! (no pressure!)
Post a Comment