9.01.2009

August

Okay, I'm sick of trying to catch-up...
so I'm just going to get August updated &
move on to current posts!
~
The beginning of August we got all moved
out of our apartment in Moscow. (A BIG thank you to:
my parents & brother, Kevin, for going up with us to
get it all packed & moved out. Moscow Univ. 2nd
ward members helping us load the truck. Todd family
members for helping us unload the truck. & again my
parents, for letting us store all our stuff in their garage!)
We didn't know yet if it would rent before the school year
started
so we could get out of our lease, but luckily it did!
I don't think the property managers were ever going to
bother to let us know it rented though. I kept emailing
them & finally they responded that
someone moved
in on August 12th. So we were relieved--and annoyed
at the property management company!

Cole was SO good while we got everything moved.
He was a little bit neglected, but enjoyed watching
the fan rotate back & forth--cheap entertainment!
little family snapshoot to remember the Palouse
(i.e. rolling hills of wheat fields in Northern Idaho & Washington)
~
In the middle of August we had a Todd family get-together
for 2 nights at Dave's sister's house. We had a WONDERFUL time!
Dave, Cole, and our nephew Luke keeping the fire going

We split into groups & did skits one night.
Dave's sister had made up bags of props &
lines we had to include in each skit. They
were hilarious! Dave's brother, Nate, did an excellent
impression of "I'm the Map" from Dora the Explorer.
Most of the pictures didn't turn out because it was so dark,
but here's Dave's lovely costume dressed as a house-wife.

It was the Balloon Festival while we were up there...
not a great picture, but the hot air balloons were really neat.
They launch the balloons early in the morning & it

was CHILLY outside!

Dave entertained us with his hacky sack performance

we also enjoyed & yummy breakfast outside while
we watched the balloons
Thanks for the awesome weekend Todd family!
And for letting us overtake your home, Ann & Cody :)
~
Dave started school at the U on the 25th. The communte
isn't very fun, but he likes most of his classes & we're hoping
it's a good semester.

8 comments:

Kellie said...

i love that picture of you guys and the wheat field. your trip looks awesome too--all those balloons in the air would have been so cool to see. dave makes an awesome housewife :) haha

Tarisa said...

We are glad you are back! I hope Daves first few days are going good!

Ann said...

It was so fun to have you over :) And Dave made better eggs than I do, so I better watch out! Or wait... was he going to the bathroom, hummmmm, I forgot. :) Loved to have ya up and LOVE that you are home!!!!!

Mike and Corie said...

YAY I'm so happy your apartment got leased! thats excellant. I bet your family get togethers are hilarious because you both are so much fun.
I agree it is time to hang out again!

Robyn said...

GO UTES!

Ashley Colby said...

I want to go to a balloon festival! You guys have done some fun stuff over the summer...aside from moving. I am glad you are officially in Utah!

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

Hacky sack huh....no wonder you fell in love with him!!! Yeah for offically being free of the lease- congrats.

The Todds said...

Oh I got some good pics of the skits for you....maybe ill blog them or just see if someone will do it for me.