I wish I had a darker complexion like Dave, but alas,
My mom made mint ice cream cake for my birthday too.
I say get all the cake you can when it's your b-day!
Also on October 9th...
Ashley Cowan married Tyler Colby
They were married at the Millcreek Inn, which is up Millcreek Canyon.
It was beautiful!


And the water damage...
About three weeks ago as I got out of the shower, I noticed the bathroom ceiling was sagging above the sink. By the time I got home from work that day at 5:00 it had doubled in size. The picture below is kind of hard to make out, but it the sagging ceiling.
You can see the dark outline from the water.
Right after we took the picture above we punctured the bulging ceiling with a knife and let the water pour out of the ceiling into a bucket. It was such gross water!!
The next day a plumber came and ripped out part of the ceiling to discover that the leak was from the toilet of the guy above us. SICK!!!

This is what the bathroom looked like while the plumber was working on the leak. All the gray-ish stuff in the picture below is insolation from the big rectangle he cut out of the ceiling (above). And, just to top it off, the plumber found mold up in the ceiling because it had been leaking for quite a while. We had been smelling a weird odor, but it smelled like smoke and we thought one of our neighbors must be smoking. Turns out it was our molding ceiling insulation! Yum!


And this picture is what our bathroom ceiling has looked like for the last three weeks.
We're really hoping that it will be fixed soon! It will be nice to be able to hang towels back on the towel rack--right now pieces of insulation keep falling from the ceiling and our towels would be covered!
So, that's some of the stuff we've been up to besides work and school.
Also, Dave is in the process of finishing his law school application to send out to a bunch of schools. So life's pretty busy for him right now!

2 comments:
Wow! What a month you guys have had. I'm sorry about the ceiling. That happened to my parent's once. Hopefully it will be fixed soon! Oh, and Happy Birthday! I love my birthdays! Long live cake!
I can really relate to the pictures of your water damage. We had that all over our old house EVERY time it rained. LOADS of fun, but I can't say I miss it. Ashley's wedding pics are awesome! And you don't look pasty, you are so beautiful! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment