1.07.2008

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year...a little late!

Well, it has been over 2 months since I last updated our blog...pathetic, I know! But I'm back with an update from the holidays and lots of pictures. I got a new camera for Christmas and I LOVE it! We had a wonderful holiday season and got to spend lots of time with friends and family.

I'll start back in the middle of December and work up to New Year's day to get caught up!


This is the awesome new camera Dave got me for Christmas
(I got it a little early so I could have it to take pictures of all our holiday festivities)



We got a new Christmas tree! And don't you just love the 1970's wood paneling?


...and our lovely stockings by the fire place that doesn't really
work too great but still gives that cozy feel!


We had the Todd Family Christmas Party a little early this year
since we rotate every other year with our families.
It was a blast!
This is me with the ice cream snowman I made.


...it didn't last very long :)

This is our little niece Sara. She's 9 months old & so dang cute!



We opened our stockings a little early & it was so fun!

Dave can hardly stand the excitement waiting to see what's in his stocking!



Dave put movie tickets that we already had in my stocking...ha ha



CHRISTMAS EVE...
Every year we make & decorate graham cracker houses.

This is my brother Chris & his wife Robyn.
They live in Boston and came home for Christmas--yay!
(The house Chris made is more of a compound than a house!!)

My brother Kevin & his wife Angela proudly displaying their houses.


CHRISTMAS MORNING...
Waiting in my parent's living room to open presents.

My mom can't wait to see what she got!


Dave got a Wii for Christmas. I got it back in October
and it was so hard to keep it a secret for three months!


FRIEND CHRISTMAS PARTY...

We had a Christmas party at my parent's house for
a bunch of friends and it was a blast!

Jessica St. Jeor & Linzi Brown playing the Wii.


My group of high school friends. It was lots of fun to get together.
Linzi came out from St. Louis with her husband
and Carly Mooy (back row 2nd from the left)
just got home from serving a mission in Ukraine.
We missed you Ash & Chalese!

...just hanging out.
We also did a White Elephant and it was hilarious!
Dave got Jesus Bandaids and I got
a 2 liter pop bottle filled with water
and some bananas that were very brown & smelly.



NEW YEAR'S EVE...

We spent the last hours of 2007 at our brother & sister-in-laws house with
their 2 kids, Dave's parents, and our friends Johnny and Sally.
Dave & our nephew Luke boxing each other on the Wii.

Me & our niece, Ellie. She loved our camera and was taking pictures of everyone.

Ellie wanted Dave to do her hair. He's quite the hairdresser!


NEW YEAR'S DAY...

Dave and I finally ventured out to IKEA for the first time on New Year's Day.
We LOVED it! I'm a big fan! We found some furniture the we really like for a good deal.

We also went to dinner and bowling with our friends Johnny & Sally Ranck.

Dave & Johnny playing the Wii.
(You may have noticed a pattern...we try to bribe people with
the Wii so they'll hang out with us!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big K! It looks like you had a fun Christmas/ New Years! I hope you're doing well. Love ya.

Brooke said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're back! We have matching stockings too!

Sarah said...

I am so glad you're back! I have missed you! I love the stockings that all the fourth warders have! I've never seen your parents new house! Way nice. I'm glad you had a great Christmas! Sorry about all the exclamation points, I'm just way excited.

Emily said...

Thanks to the Marianne Gourley, we all have those stockings. I was going to make a comment on a picture I saw but the post was so long I forgot what it was by the time I got here. Sorry cause it was going to make you laugh. Hmmm, nope...still can't remember.

Jill said...

finally kath. you have to remember if you have a blog you have a responsibility. :) i loved all of the pictures! so glad you guys are doing well.