7.23.2008

Time for an Update!

Yes, it has been forever since I updated. Summer has just been crazy!
I'll have to do another post to update with pictures,
but here's what we've been up to:
*Sold our Mazda Protege
*Bought a new car, Chevy HHR
(they're kinda funny looking, but I'm liking it)
*Trying to sell the minivan....any takers?!
*Making arrangements for moving
*We saw some plays at the Shakespearean
Festival with my family
*Playing on our softball team
(we're#1 in the league!)
*Had a fun BBQ/Pool Party for the 4th
*Work, work, work
*We went camping--details/pictures to follow
*Saw Batman and loved it!
*Dave's work had a going-away BBQ for him
*Trying to survive the heat,
the A/C in our apt is BROKEN...noooo!
It's been broken for 6 days, and we're melting to death!
Hopefully it should be fixed today or tomorrow
*I'm getting gum-graft surgery on Friday and
I'm really nervous. My gums are receding, so
they have to do surgery. I've never had
Nitrous-oxide before, so I'm scared that I
won't be out-of-it enough and I'll know
everything they're doing to my mouth! Yikes!
I'm definitely dreading the time I will
spend at the mercy of the periodontist!

So, although we've been lacking in posts, we're keeping busy!

8 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so jealous you get nitrous!! I love it so much that I get it for cleanings. I've assisted for a gum graft I wouldn't be worried it's pretty slick. Just be warned the roof of your mouth may hurt afterward...

Jill said...

kath i have had that surgery done before too, eating is a little awkward for a bit but you'll be just fine, good luck!

Sarah said...

I've heard that gum surgery feels a little like a pizza burn, and it heals really fast. You'll love the Nitrous Oxide. You won't care what they are doing to you! Good luck. I'm sorry--I hate surgery too. There's something extra creepy about mouth surgery I think! I've had several thanks to my bike accident.

Robyn said...

Gum graft? That doesn't sound like a good time. Niether does no a/c. But the rest of your summer souds pretty sweet! Post pics when you can!

P Sparty Levan said...

Today's the big day! You'll do great. I'm considering pulling out my old head gear and wearing it today for you as a tolken of sympathy to painful mouth experiences. Weird, I know, yet somehow appropriate...

Kellie said...

I want to hear all about it!

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

Apparently I am the only one who has neither had Nitrous or a gum graft! I hope everything went okay. I have been checking for a todd update for qutie some time, so I was excited to see it. How are the moving plans coming...with the AC down maybe it will be easier to move!

Cheerfully Charmed said...

Hello! Do you remember me, Karlee (Kennington) Dutson, from good ol' Dick's Bakery!?! I have some great memories with you from back in the day! I loved mopping those sticky floors and scrubbing those nasty pans...and don't forget TRUDY!!!Well it's great to see what you're up too! Hope all is well! :)