First of all, my apologies for the
delayed posting since we moved!
Things have been a little crazy trying
to get all settled and moved-in,
but I promise that I'll do better!
I still need to take pictures of our apt,
but I decided I better just post an update
for now, otherwise it may never happen!
...
A few tidbits about Moscow/Idaho:
*Make sure you know that
it's pronounced moss-coh; don't
say it wrong or people freak out!
I'm very amused that people
here absolutely expect others to know
how to pronounce the name of this tiny
city in northern Idaho.
My apologies for being an ignorant
Utahn who had previously only heard
of Moscow, Russia. Now that I'm an
Idaho resident, I'll try to do better.
...
*Idaho allows 15 year-olds to drive in their
state, but try moving here from another
state and you have to re-take the
written test to be issued a license.
What's wrong with this picture?
{we did pass with flying colors}
...
*Many of the streets here in Moscow
running N-S are the names of U.S.Presidents.
What a wonderful display of patriotism!
The part that cracks us up is the random
The part that cracks us up is the random
selection & order of these presidents.
The streets are in the following order:
-Jackson-
-Washingon-
-Jefferson-
-Adams-
-Van Buren-
-Polk-
-Howard-
-Monroe-
-Lincoln-
-Hayes-
{one of these things just doesn't belong,
one of these things is not like the others.
We're assuming William Howard Taft
is what they're going for here?
If anyone knows of a President Howard,
please enlighten us!}
On with the update...
Dave is enjoying law school so far.
Maybe 'enjoying' isn't the best word,
but it's going well & he finds it interesting.
It's definitely a lot of work though!
{also apparently a plug for USANA Health Sciences
with his little breakfast shake}
...
Dave's cousin, Randy, and his wife, Nicole, are
currently living in Moscow as well. They have
an adorable little boy and have been SO
nice inviting us over for games &
introducing us to lots of fun people.
On Labor Day, we took a little trip with them and Mike & Natalie Whitaker.
We went to the Palouse Falls about
1 1/2 hour drive away.
It was a fairly long drive to the middle
of nowhere, but the water fall was amazing!
My picture really doesn't do it justice.
Randy, Nicole & their cute little guy!
After the trip to the waterfall, we had a
DELICIOUS fondue dinner & dessert
at Randy & Nicole's--thanks again guys!
{their last name is also Todd, so that gets a little confusing)
It has really made me want to buy a fondue set!
Well, that's the update for now.
We're really enjoying ourselves so far!

9 comments:
I'm so glad you said hi! Glad you're liking Moscow1
I think you have more likes on your list than I do currently. Way to go! I feel honored that we made it on there too. We've had a blast having you up here.
B-O-R-I-N-G. WE WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THE BABY.
Just kidding Kath, it looks like you guys are having fun. I love reading your posts, they ALWAYS make me laugh. How are you feeling? When do you find out your baby's gender?
yeah! i'm so glad you posted. I'm laughing about the streets because I probably wouldn't have even noticed that Howard didn't belong. President Howard? Yep..sounds good to me. And it's Moss-coh huh? Interesting...not sure if i'll get used to that.
Sounds like you two are adjusting quickly and having a great time up there. The waterfall is gorgeous and the fondue sounds great....when's the party?
Ha ha, that picture of Dave with his sac and water bottle might be the coolest photo I've ever seen of him. It is the perfect 1st day of school pic. Did you notice how close together his legs are? It cracks me up!
YAY! I am so glad to hear from you guys. I'll be anxiously awaiting the picture postings, but will try and cool it until then :) We love you!
Looks like you guys are having a good time with the whole move. Is Dave yet just loaded on with homework? Holt has so much all of the time. We get jealous seeing your pictures cause we really wish we were up there rather then Oklahoma. Good luck with everything and congratulations on the baby!
Hey, fellow Farmington South Stake-r!
Ok, so this is funny, cuz I'm having my 20 week ultrasound on the morning of October 3rd too, my husband just started law school as well (BYU), and we totally have those same USANA water bottles from a previous job of Steve's. That's just craziness. Anyway, looks like you guys are in Idaho. I lived in Rexburg to go to school for 3 years, I hope the winters in Moscow aren't as bad as in Rexburg!
Melanie (Davis) Barnes
melandstevebarnes.blogspot.com
Post a Comment