So, once again I'm behind on blogging.
Here's what we've been up to the past month...
Here's what we've been up to the past month...

My parents came up to Moscow to celebrate
my 24th Birthday (& my mom's b-day since
they're only a week apart)!
It was great having them here & it
made for a great birthday!
Our friends Mary & Steve also came for
Our friends Mary & Steve also came for
a visit since it was the U's fall break
& they were in Spokane visiting Steve's dad.
We love having visitors! (even though I failed
on taking any group pictures while they were here?!)
Around 6 pm on a Friday evening, a FedEx manknocked at our door with a delivery. I signed
for thepackage & opened it to find the
most wonderful surprise! A cheesecake from the
Cheesecake Factory.
Dave's parents sent a Godiva Chocolate
Cheesecake for my birthday!
Words can't begin to describe how incredible
this tastes! The picture doesn't do it justice either.
WOW!
~
On the 22nd of October we received the
sad news that Dave's best friend's dad
passed away from the cancer he
had been battling. We really wanted to
be there for the funeral to let the family know
we were thinking of them at such a hard & sad time.
So, we threw our stuff together & headed for
Utah at 4:15 am the next day.
The 10 hour drive wasn't as awful as
I thought it would be & we were able to
make it for the viewing & funeral.
I thought it would be & we were able to
make it for the viewing & funeral.
We also got to visit with our families
during our quick trip home &
it was great to see them!
during our quick trip home &
it was great to see them!
[Our nephew Luke, niece Bailey, and Dave's Mom]
[Kev & Ang's little girl, Ella....she changed so much
since we last saw her!]
It was so fun to see our families & play with
our nieces & nephew...we're excited to spend
more time with them over Thanksgiving!
~
...Halloween...
Pumpkin carving, a stop by the ward
party & Domino's pizza was the extent
of our Halloween celebration, but it was fun!
[Dave intently gluing the carving template to his pumpkin.Ya, we waited 'til the last minute to buy pumpkins so
they were either still green or pretty beat up. Oh well!]
Yes that is a huge
coldsore in the corner of my mouth. I broke
out with 4 coldsores about a week ago--always
a great self-esteem booster :) ]
Ta-daa!
Mine's the scary face one & Dave's is the bird.

7 comments:
Looks like fun! I am sorry we missed the "after dinner party" but am LOOKING FORWARD to Thanksgiving to see ya'll again! Thanks for the update!
That is so awesome that you had such great visitors come up! I love visitors too! I am sorry to hear about your friend's father passing away. The pumpkins look great! Keep up the good work!
Cute blog! WOW- look at those pumpkins. We never got around to the pumpkin carving this year. I am really sad that we didn't get to taste the cheesecake. The picture makes my mouth water.
Wow. Somehow you managed to leave out a picture of your pregnant belly. We need to see some progress girl!
Can't wait to see your cute face in December.
yeah for your birthday! and i'm very impressed with the pumpkin carving skills. I'm mad we never carved pumpkins this year because I want to bake the seeds! Also, I agree with Jen...you need to post belly pictures immediately :)
Oh my gosh, ella looks just like kevin I think, how cute is she! NO wonder you miss her so much. I hope that I get a cheesecake for my birthday, um, yumm. I can't beleive that you even wanted to share that with anyone! I was hoping to see a pregnant kathryn in one of those photo updates, but I will wait until next month I guess.
It looks like you've had a fun month! I love your pumpkins, I never do a good job on carving mine. I am sorry to hear about Dave's friend's father...will you please tell them my prayers are with their family. Oh and lastly, your cheesecake looked delicious!
Post a Comment