Sorry to back-track, but for my own journaling purposes
I want to keep track of what we've been up to, even
though it has taken me forever to post it! So, here is
the update with what we were up to last month...
~
On July 1st, Dave got a call from the S.J. Quinney
College of Law at the University of Utah letting him
know that he was accepted as a transfer student!
We were thrilled! We had put a lot of thought &
prayer into deciding to apply to transfer to the U
& we felt really good about it. So we were happy
that it all worked out! It's nice that we're able to be
close to our families and to have cheaper, in-state tuition.
We definitely miss all our great friends up in Idaho though!

The transfer process did get stressful when we were
notified that Dave was accepted as a non-resident &
would be charged about double the in-state tuition. AH!
So ,although, Dave has lived in Utah all of his life except
for the 9 months we were in Idaho, they classified him
as a non-resident. We got it all worked out, but it was
a HUGE hassle to get them all they paperwork they
needed & we were worried it wouldn't get worked out
before tuition was due, but luckily it did!
~
friends the first part of the summer. Cole
liked wearing his Boston hat & cheering for his dad!
~
4th of July
We had a great 4th with the Todds & celebrated
~
4th of July
We had a great 4th with the Todds & celebrated
up in Liberty, UT---yes, very fitting to celebrate
our Independence in a town named 'Liberty'
All of the festivities tuckered Cole right out!
of course he had to wear his patriotic pj's!
This picture really doesn't do the sunset that nightany justice. It was GORGEOUS!
~
My brother Chris came to visit for a week in July.
It was so fun to have Cole meet his uncle Chris,
but we missed aunt Robyn lots! {she had lots of
studying to do for the National Pharmacy Board exam,
which she passed w/ flying colors!--And she also
had some dr's appointments to get more info on the
seizures she's been having. Which we're really hoping
will get cleared-up as they work with the medications
she is taking. read more on their blog}
Cole had a great time taking his first dip in the pool!& enjoyed swimming with Chris.
The hat is more for my amusement than anything.
It just cracks me up! --of course it keeps the sun off
his face, but it also is pretty funny!

spicy for me, but the boys went for it.
...I think this one & the pile of chicken
bones on his plate speaks for itself!
~
...I think this one & the pile of chickenbones on his plate speaks for itself!
~
for our little guy. He loves to suck on his toes,
or just hold is feet and roll around.
I think it's so cute!
~
HAPPY 27th Birthday David!
Dave turned 27 on July 29th.
I attempted to make a Darth Vadar cake.
Didn't turn out that great, but oh well!
Didn't turn out that great, but oh well!






5 comments:
Is it weird that I have to enlarge every picture and look at Cole's cute feet? I just love those little toes.
I'm so glad everything worked out with the in state tuition. I can't believe they tried to charge you out-of-state...but I'm so happy you're back in Utah.
Love ya tons.
love the updates. and i love the darth vadar cake. maybe if i'm good you can make me one :) jk, but i didn't know dave was that into star wars!
Busy July! Liberty would be an awesome place to visit for the 4th. The cake looked yummy and Happy late Birthday Dave! I hope everything goes well with Robyn! Maybe we will be able to visit soon!
Loved reading up on your blog! Cole/Mr. Collins is so dang darling!! Happy birthday to Dave. and congrats on the UofU transfer. We need to get together again soon!
People really do blog these days!!! Fun update! We are so glad that you are back to stay!
Post a Comment