12.30.2009

Merry Christmas

I can't believe Christmas has already come & gone!
We had a GREAT Christmas spending time with family
& friends & enjoying this special time when we focus
extra attention on the life of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
We feel so blessed to have the wonderful families &
friends that we do...thank you all for being so great!
~
A little summary of our holiday season
I know there are too many pictures, but
I want to have them on here for me, so
if you get bored, tough luck! :)

Cole's first Santa encounter at my mom's family
party, & it actually went well -- no crying!
Cole's cool new truck from Santa. Who knew Santa loves
IKEA as much as I do?! [for the record: ya, I know
I look like a dork in this picture]

My brother, Chris, and his wife, Robyn, are in
town from Boston. YAY! Cole loves to be
entertained by uncle Chris

Cole getting acquainted with aunt Robyn.
She hadn't met him before this visit, so
they've got to make up for lost time :)

Cole tuckered himself out in the jumperoo. Poor little
fella got his first cold the day before Christmas Eve.
He was exhausted all during the holiday celebrations.

Opening presents with Grandma Todd
at the Todd Family Party. It was so fun
to watch the annual "Friendly Beasts" puppet
show & see all the kids open presents!
~

We spent Christmas Eve & Christmas morning
with my family this year. Every year on Christmas
Eve we go out to eat in the afternoon. This year
we went Texas Roadhouse and it was delicious.
Then, on to the annual tradition of graham-cracker
house decorating...
Chris & Kevin went big this year & made
a graham cracker mansion

Christmas morning was lots of fun with Cole
& our niece Ella. Cole, of course, was very
content with wrapping paper & the boxes.
But he's also enjoying the books, push-toy
& wooden IKEA toys he got.




I surprised Dave with a new TV & it was so
much fun to see his reaction! He surprised me
with some pretty jewelry (that he picked out
himself & did a great job with!) and other random
miscellaneous items on my wish list. We also got tickets
to go see Brian Regan when he comes in March. YAY!
...to top off the Christmas Day celebrations,
little Cole Buddy took a tumble & got a black eye.
It was SO sad--it broke my heart! He was reaching
to walk to a close-by chair, but didn't quite make it
& the corner of his eye caught the edge of the chair.
He stopped crying after a minute or two, but I
was devastated the rest of the night. I saw it happening
but couldn't get there fast enough to catch him. I couldn't
believe how quick it started swelling up! So, along
with his very runny nose, he's been sporting a black eye.
~
We hope you all had a Merry Christmas &
that your New Year is Happy!
Add Image

8 comments:

Kellie said...

looks like a good christmas! i love the wooden ikea toys you got for cole.

Robyn said...

Dude, Cole is Still giving me that Who are You look. And sorry I keep spending most of my time on your mom's bed . . .

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

You got some classic suprise pics this year. I think I am just going to get my children empty boxes for christmas, look how much joy they bring! Happy new year kath, hope you stayed up and rang in the new year....un-like we did!

Brooke said...

What a fun Christmas! You have such a great family! I'm sorry about Cole's cold and black eye-- well, they're bound to happen sometime! But definately not fun.

Ashley Colby said...

I miss being home for the holidays! Cole is starting to look like a Todd! That stinks he got a cold for Christmas...poor little guy. I love seeing the gingerbread house pictures every year! Happy New Year!

Mike and Corie said...

I Love your little guy! he is so cute and so fun.
Wasn't Christmas so much more fun with a baby? it certainly is a lot more work, but so much fun! I LOVED every second!
Merry Christmas Kath and Happy New Year! I can't believe its 2010..

Angela said...

Yeah for christmas. I love the picture of dave looking at his new TV!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your little Cole bear is almost a year old. He is one cute dude.

Way to surprise Dave with the TV, I did the same for Chad a year ago and I still get "good wife points" from it.

So, when do we get to get together? Soon I hope, as Leila needs some Cole lovin.