12.09.2009

October & November Updates


-October-
Dave
got a part-time paid internship up at the U of U.
He helps draft legal contracts for the University's
Office of Sponsored Projects. So far it is going well
and he is enjoying the 'real-world' legal experience he is
getting at the office...and the extra pay check is nice too!

Cole turned 8 months old. He now has 6 teeth
(as pictured in
the previous post), he is crawling around like crazy,
walking along
furniture & loves to climb up the stairs...
and because of the
crawling & climbing he gets lots
of bumps throughout the day.
It was also Cole's first Halloween...
not that he really noticed! He was a horse for Halloween,

and didn't love wearing the hood part of his costume, but we
managed to get a few
pictures before he had a melt down.

I turned 25 Oct 9th...woo hoo :) It was a really fun birthday!
I took the day off work and went to lunch with my mom & we
also went shopping at IKEA and went to the Cheesecake
Factory with my family. The night after my b-day Dave
and I went on a date to El Matador and did some shopping
while my mom tended Cole. We also had a birthday
party with the Todd family which was lots of fun. My
brother-in-law, Cody, and I share the same b-day so
it's double the birthday fun :) [seriously though, it's
crazy how many people I know with an Oct
9th birthday!]


delicious chocolate cake from the Cheesecake Factory!


picking out pumpkins at
Pack's Pumpkin Patch


G&G Seely helped Cole & Ella pick out their pumpkins
sorry Ang, I had to post this one!G&G Todd were all decked out for Halloween!
Cole loved Anita's orange hair & bow...which he
kept trying to eat...our niece Bailey was terrified
of Grandpa with his mustache drawn on!
Cole & his best buddy Luke had a little costume party

-November-

No pictures for the November update, but
we moved into a new apartment! It's a basement
apartment of a home, and it's been great so far!
THANK YOU again to all our great family members
and friends who helped out with the move--we REALLY
appreciate it! We're still getting the last odds & ends dealt
with and getting pictures hung up, but we're almost finished.

Cole turned 9 months old & these are his stats:

Weight: 17 lbs 5 oz (10th percentile)
Length: 27 1/2" (30th percentile)
Head Circ: 17 3/4" (40th percentile)

Some of his favorite things are...
  • Having Dave or I chase him down the long hallway in our apt.
    He will take off crawling & then keep looking back
    to make sure we're still chasing him.
  • Finding any cord in sight to chew & pull on
    (our living room is full of barricades for the TV & computer cords)
  • He still loves taking baths (especially now that he's in the
    big bathtub!)
  • He eats Cheerios by the truckload!
  • He definitely prefers bland foods the most--he loves
    plain oatmeal, rice cereal and likes Cheerios better
    than the fruity 'Graduates Puffs'
  • Recently, he's a fan of waking up between 2:30 & 3:30 am
    & screaming his lungs out. He was doing so well with sleeping
    through the night...and now it's a disaster most nights....so
    Dave and I have been pretty exhausted the past couple weeks
  • And he has started standing on his own with no support.
    It's crazy to see such a little guy standing there not holding
    on to anything. So, we guessing it won't be long before he
    starts taking some steps (how can he already be that old?!)

We had Thanksgiving with the Todd Family this year. We ate
at a church with his mom's whole extended family. It was
quite a crew...about 60 people...and it was lots of fun!
Earlier in the day we had breakfast at Dave's parent's house
& played some football. It was so much fun! But I could
not believe how sore I was the next day...it was ridiculous!


....so that about wraps up October and November.

I can't believe that it's almost Christmas!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So stinking cute. I love that little Cole Bird. (I still envision him as an infant with his little lips in an circle, reminding me of a bird.)

I'm a little worried though because Emily has already made it know that Leila now has some competition for Cole's affections... Watch out Jaylee, we play dirty...

Robyn said...

Halloween, legal drafts, Cole, Cheesecake, El Matadore, New apartment, possibility of electrocution, sounds great to me! Can't wait to join you!

P.S. Chris Also eats Cheerios by the truck load. Dry. I find them all over the living room. sigh.

Amanda said...

Whew! You guys are busy! :) Fun pictures. I liked the Halloween ones. We didn't get to see Gordon and Anita dressed up. Fun!

Michael and Emily said...

I love the best friends costume party picture. Cole is so dang cute! I can't believe he's so old. And I had no idea you guys found a place to live. That's awesome! Where is it? And tell Jen that we can play dirty too, if that's how she wants to go. If Jaylee is anything like I was, she can just sit on Leila. I'm sure the girls will go crazy over Cole's gap. :)

Kellie said...

that's cute that you went to a pumpkin patch. :) love the photos and update! the boyz are getting too big.

Mike and Katie said...

I'm so glad you finally updated! So cute! I love seeing what you guys have been up to and seeing pictures of cute Cole.

Ashley Colby said...

I miss El Matador and you guys of course! Crazy how much goes on in a couple of months! Congratulations on the 25th Birthday Kath and the internship at the U Dave! Looks like you are all having fun times!