4.13.2010

call me the early bird....

'cause I found this WORM .... in our KITCHEN!
UGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
[he'd probably be 8" long all stretched out - SICK]
This morning I went to throw something in
the garbage, and as I was about to step on the
"foot pedal" of the garbage can
("foot pedal"?? no idea what to call that thing!)
I almost stepped on this stupid, gross worm.
I was SO freaked out & grossed out.
A few words from The Princess Bride came to mind:
"...Refuse...Slime, ...Filth, ...Putrescence. Boo. Boo.
Rubbish. Filth. Slime. Muck. Boo. Boo. Boo."

Here's how the dirty scoundrel made his entrance.
Kind of hard to tell in the picture, but where the
two doors meet & right above the wood base-board

(just above that white splatter of paint -- which I've
never noticed before, by the way)

there is about a 1" square gap that any creepy, crawley,
yucky critter can come on in to our humble abode.
YIKES! Anyone who knows me, knows this is a
BIG DEAL!
(Linz, if we don't get this fixed,
you'll be getting many calls for moral support
to help me kill spiders!)


Dave's project tomorrow is to get this fixed,
& I'm crossing my fingers we'll be able to
prevent any future incidents like this morning.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh so sorry! Aidan was just introduced to a similar looking worm yesterday. He reacted very much like you did it sounds like. Good luck with the repairs.

Mike and Corie said...

haha!
That is by far the best post ever written in the history of posts!
I LOVE that line in princess bride!
Good luck with that, and let me know how the repair goes!
I honestly think you've just made my day!

The Todds said...

EEW! I love that you measured it!

Kellie said...

Glad you didn't step on that! They are all over the entry of my garage and I keep sweeping them out!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. There is nothing worse than finding bugs in the house. I love that you find humor in everything and I love you.

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

Kath...just breath, I am here for you if you need me! That is gross, gross, gross and I would have freaked out too! I just gave my cute little neighborhood kids a lesson on how birds eat worms (because they were scared of the worms on the sidewalk). Perhaps you should put yours out so it can be consumed and show it a lesson.

Ashley Colby said...

Ha ha, gross! I found a worm in our house the other day too! Sadie loved to sit and watch it though.

Brooke said...

So, I guess you didn't cook it up for breakfast? That would turn my stomach too!

Mike and Corie said...

Kath,
I think we should hang out VERY soon, I need to meet Lys's and Leah's babies. I would love to show you all my ideas and things to make your own quiet book. it is kind of fun to say that you made it! but I have to say that it is a lot of work!
When are you available to get together? we could do a Friday, Saturday, Sunday get together or any evening would work for me. and I think we should bring the husbands this time too!
what do you think?