Wow, it's been over 3 months, that's pathetic.
In my defense, I'm on my computer working
all day (access to blogs is blocked) and then once
I'm done, I don't really want to sit at the
computer any more!
In the next few weeks I plan to actually do an
update post with pictures and all sorts of exciting
stuff ....okay, let's be honest, probably not that exciting,
but an update nonetheless :)
As for now, I am shoulder-deep in plans for our ward's
girl's camp next week. I am a "camp director" which
is hilarious because I still feel like I'm 16 years old &
now I'm in charge of all these girls.
I am also in charge of all the food for the camp--8 meals
for 40 people. It has pretty much blown my mind!
~
So instead of blogging I've been:
-Cooking 22 lbs of various meats to
freeze & take to camp
.
-Figuring out how much milk 40 people will drink &
use in their bowls of cereal &
wondering where I will refrigerate said milk (8
gallons is the magic # by the way) after it is purchased
the day before we leave for camp.
.
-Pricing about 90% of the grocery items at
Wal Mart and Costco...so if you're wondering what
is more cost-effective where, give me a call.
.
-Waking up almost nightly sometime between 2:00
and 4:30am to scribble some random note so I don't
forget to pack 3 extension cords & buy more
styrofoam cups....which reminds me, I need to go
make sure we have enough plastic spoons...
~
back to the blogging world in another couple weeks,
ciao!
In my defense, I'm on my computer working
all day (access to blogs is blocked) and then once
I'm done, I don't really want to sit at the
computer any more!
In the next few weeks I plan to actually do an
update post with pictures and all sorts of exciting
stuff ....okay, let's be honest, probably not that exciting,
but an update nonetheless :)
As for now, I am shoulder-deep in plans for our ward's
girl's camp next week. I am a "camp director" which
is hilarious because I still feel like I'm 16 years old &
now I'm in charge of all these girls.
I am also in charge of all the food for the camp--8 meals
for 40 people. It has pretty much blown my mind!
~
So instead of blogging I've been:
-Cooking 22 lbs of various meats to
freeze & take to camp
.
-Figuring out how much milk 40 people will drink &
use in their bowls of cereal &
wondering where I will refrigerate said milk (8
gallons is the magic # by the way) after it is purchased
the day before we leave for camp.
.
-Pricing about 90% of the grocery items at
Wal Mart and Costco...so if you're wondering what
is more cost-effective where, give me a call.
.
-Waking up almost nightly sometime between 2:00
and 4:30am to scribble some random note so I don't
forget to pack 3 extension cords & buy more
styrofoam cups....which reminds me, I need to go
make sure we have enough plastic spoons...
~
back to the blogging world in another couple weeks,
ciao!
6 comments:
I bet you're a GREAT camp director! I can't believe we're not still going to girls camp as one of the girls ourselves. Are we really old enough to be mom's, and camp directors, and etc?! Good luck with camp! I'm sure it'll all go great :)
1) Rude. No Cole pictures.
2) Girls Camp Director? You'll do great, but what a lot of work. I have some tips for you:
a)Bring an ax in case a bear comes to camp
b)Don't choke on apple suckers when I tell funny jokes during testimony meeting
c) Hide in people's sleeping bag and scare the living daylights out of them
d)Find a squirrel tail and keep it the whole week, freaking everyone out. Then scrapbook it. (You do know Cass scrapbooked the tail she found? It was gross and hilarious at the same time.)
P.S. I kind of feel like I should come with you. I mean, you can't go to girls camp without me...right?!?!
Wow, you will be an awesome girls camp director. I bet it does feel weird to be old enough be to be the leader. Hope you have fun!
such a huge job! i can't imagine trying to feed that many people! you'll do great! just think...only one week and it will all be over!
Busy girl! Ha, I can't believe you are the camp director! I feel like I should be joining you with our homemade pajama pants!
It's OK, I'm obviously MIA too. But at least I'm checking Other People's blogs for the first time in over a month!
Post a Comment