9.13.2011

We're still here!

In honor of the 1 year mark since my last blog



post, I thought I'd go ahead & update since we've



had quite a busy summer with lots of news to share!



First of all, Dave graduated from the U of U Law School



HOORAY!



He graduated May 13th and then dove right in to



studying for the Bar Exam, which he took the



end of July....and we just found out last week



that he passed. DOUBLE HOORAY!
I don't know how either of us would've survived



another round of him studying for & taking the



Bar again in February. We're sooooo happy he passed!
& I'm so proud of him & the long study hours he put in.
Now the next hurdle is finding a job -- we're keeping



our fingers crossed!







One thing that made studying for the Bar Exam
slightly more stressful was adding a new member
to our family!
Molly Beth Todd was born on 7-7-11
6 lbs 14 oz and 20" long We're completely in love with this little lady!
My sister-in-law took these great pics
for us when Molly was born.




Cole has adjusted well to his new
little sister & loves to give her kisses.
He's a GREAT big brother. It's so cute to hear him
talk to her in a little baby-talk voice and he
always goes over to her & says, "Hi pretty girl!"

Dave's sister also did some adorable newborn
pics for us. Thanks Ann!!





Molly's first day of church...

Happy B-day Dave!
He had his "golden" birthday &
turned 29 on the 29th of July.
Luckily the Bar Exam wasn't on
his birthday--he took it July 26th & 27th
& I think the best birthday present of all
was being done with the dang test!
Well...this one ended up out of order & I'm too lazy
to move it, but it's the day we got home from the hospital.
About 30 min after this pic was taken Cole puked
all over the place & Molly and I quickly packed up
& headed to my parents' house for the next couple
of days just to be safe & make sure she didn't get sick.
It was quite a "welcome home" experience :)

We blessed Molly on August 7th & it was a great day!








~
August 10th was our 5 year anniversary. YAY!
We went to the Melting Pot & it was WONDERUL!
Thanks so much to Dave's mom for watching the
2 kiddos for us!



~
In August we also took a little camping trip
with my family up to Payson Lake. It was lots of fun...
exhausting camping with 2 kids, but lots of fun!
Molly & I actually stayed with my mom in a hotel
down in Payson and then went up to the camp-site
in the day. I didn't think it'd be too fun trying
to nurse a newborn in the middle of the night in a tent.
Dave was brave and slept in the tent with Cole --
Cole actually ended up sleeping well, which was a
huge relief!







all tuckered out on the drive home from the big
trip. Note the pink & purple binky :)
It's one we grabbed at my parents house on
the way out the door to go camping, and of
course he loved it! With basically all girl cousins
& friends that he plays with, pink is one of his
favorite colors. Also note the 2nd binky
in his lap....gotta have 2 binks for this kid!

~

And now to present day....Molly is 2 months old!
At her 2 month appointment her stats were:

10 lbs 6 oz : 35th percentile
22 1/4 " long: 40th percentile
Head Circ. 15" : 25th percentile





She is a GREAT baby! We really lucked out :) She's a happy girl
& really very mellow & content. She's also a good sleeper....
what more could we ask for?!
~
So now that I've updated my blog, my goal
is to keep posting....but my maternity leave
is over next week, so we'll see how it goes!

7 comments:

Kellie said...

Ya let's not make this 'posting once a year' thing a habit :) you're gonna lose readers! ha, jk. I have so many comments to make on all the things you mentioned! First, CONGRATS TO DAVE ON GRADUATION AND PASSING THE BAR!! That is sooo huge and we are so excited for you guys! Also, I absolutely love all the newborn and hospital photos of Molly. Sorta jealous you have a photographer in the fam :) It's crazy to see pink stuff and baby girl clothes at your house! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAVE! And happy anniversary to you both--can't go wrong with The Melting Pot! And I love that Cole loves pink! It makes me feel relief that Luke is not the only one. That is his favorite color...and brown. He hoards those two crayons and all his pictures from nursery are colored in pink and brown. Long enough comment?? WELCOME BACK BLOGGER. Hope you stick around this time :)

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

So much great stuff has happened in a year, glad that we talk on the phone more often than you have blogged!!!

Brooke said...

It's so great to hear some updates on your family! Your kids are ADORABLE and you look fantastic! I'm gonna second Kellie and say CONGRATS to Dave for passing the BAR & you for surviving it with a toddler and newborn! I'm not looking forward to that in another 9 months. I might have to call you for some survival tips. :) I hope all goes well finding a job...we're starting to think about that a ton, too. It's stressful! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, too! And keep up with the updates, I love them!!

etreiersen said...

Congratulations on the many exciting events this past year!!!

Molly is a doll. So pretty. I love all of that hair, what a lucky little girl. Cole is as cute as ever and so big.

Way to go Dave on graduating and passing the bar. We still have not found out if Eric passed the Washington bar yet. Thankfully he has a job though.

So fun to hear how your family is doing and see pictures of your adorable kids!

etreiersen said...

I forgot to say this is Trisha Reiersen from Moscow 1L year.

Angela said...

Yeah for baby! I love the picture with cole touching molly's nose! Your like me, it takes me forever to post now.

Mike and Corie said...

Welcome back! and Welcome little Lady, I am so happy to know you!! YAY..
Congrats Dave!!!
We sure love you guys.